Northern Lights Mystery (AH33)
Northern Lights Mystery
Experience the mysterious and beautiful Northern Lights in Iceland.
The Northern Lights Mistery Tour takes you out of Reykjavik city to the best places to see Northern Lights
When to see the Northern Lights
The season for Northern Lights in Iceland extends from the tail end of the summer from September through winter and well into April.
The best time to see Northern Lights is in the middle of winter when the weather is the coldest and when it is the darkest. Crisp cold evenings with skies clear enough to see stars is a prime indicator for auroral activity.
Where to see the Northern Lights
Iceland lies under the „auroral oval“ which is an oval shaped region around the North Pole where Northern Lights are most frequently seen. In theory this means that Northern Lights are potentially visible from every place in Iceland.
In reality viewing conditions depend on many factors including geography, weather, the time of day and many more. Operating the Aurora for 25 years has tought us a thing or two about this elusive phenomenon and how to decide where each trip will lead us for the best possibilities to see the Northern Lights.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional travel guide
- Food and drink
- We reserve the right to cancel this tour if weather conditions are not favorable for watching the Northen Lights. A decision is taken daily at 6 pm whether the Northern Lights tour will run or not and all hotels and booking agents in Reykjavik are informed of our decision by email.
- A decision is taken daily at 6 pm whether the tour will take place or not. All hotels and booking agents in Reykjavik are informed by email about our decision so please contact the front desk of your hotel,Tour Desk or our sales office to find out whether we will be operating the tour. Before we start this tour we always check the weather forecast around the south western part of Iceland. From experience, we decide where each journey will lead us, for the best possibilities to see the Northern Lights.
- If you don’t see the Northern Lights on this tour just contact our call centre ( 354) 540 1313 and have one of our agents book you another Northern lights tour, which is free of charge.
Northern Lights in Iceland (Aurora Borealis)