Reykjavik Sightseeing Tour (AH10)
Reykjavik Sightseeing Tour
During this tour you will be able to view the historic building Höfði at Reykjavik's seafront where the all-important summit between former U.S. President Ronald Reagan and former U.S.S.R. Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev took place in 1986, you will come quite close to the Presidential residence at Bessastaðir with its history being a part of Iceland's history since the first inhabitants settled in there. You will get enlightened about the mysterious Huldufólk (Hidden People) living among us, being the Icelandic version of elves with their unpredictable mood. A 360 degrees viewing platform at Perlan offers you a extravagant sightseeing opportunity over Reykjavík and then be able to visit well-known sites in Reykjavík city center like Hallgrímskirkja, with its basalt lava inspired columns design, the Parliament building Alþingi by Austurvöllur square where Icelanders commonly gather whether it is to enjoy a sunny summer day or stand together in unity about political matters.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Meals and beverages
- Our guides on the Reykjavik sightseeing tour have different approaches when it comes to order of attractions visited and stops made
- - Departure from Reykjavík the tour begins with a bus drive passing Reykjavík's seafront and the building Höfði which is best known for hosting the Reykjavík Summit in 1986
- - The drive continues througLaugardalur area (Hot-spring valley).
- - The first stop will be at the Presidential residence at Bessastaðir, close to Álftanes near by the capital city.
- - Next the bus will drive to Hafnarfjörður where your guide will tell you our stories of the mysterious Hidden People.
- - From there you will head towards Reykjavík center again to Perlan glass dome where a platform will give you a 360 degree view.
- - The tour is continued to top attractions in the city center including Hallgrímskirkja and University area.
Daily at 09:00 from the bus terminal at Holtagarðar
Pick-up at hotel or guesthouses
45 minutes prior to tour departure
Please wait outside your hotel or guesthouse close the entrance where you'll be visible to our drivers.
Every day, all year round
Wednesday departures are also guided in German all year round.
Saturday departures are also guided in Scandinavian all year round.