Vestmannaeyjar - Pompeii of the North (AH36)
Vestmannaeyjar - Pompeii of the North
We will visit the puffin nesting area in Storhofdi and walk up to the crater of a volcano that erupted only a few decades ago as well as exploring the flora of the new lava field.
After a lunch break we join a boat cruise where we will see many of the wonders of the Vestmannaeyjar nature. Colourful ocean caves, thousands of seabirds and, occasionally during the summer, groups of whales. On the return from the cruise we will enjoy instrumental music in the natural echo of the ocean cave Klettshellir.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- non-guided bus transfer to and from the ferry in Landeyjahöfn
- non-guided ferry transfer from Landeyjahöfn to Vestmannaeyjar and from Vestmannaeyjar to Landeyjahöfn
- Local guidance in Vestmannaeyjar as shown under Guidance below
- Entrance fee to Eldheimar museum
- Boat Tour in Vestmannaeyjar
- Bus tour in Vestmannaeyjar
- Food and drink
- Minimum requirements: A minimum of 3 passengers are required to operate the tour.
- Online Booking: Up to 24 hours prior to tour departure.
- Vestmannaeyjar islands
- cave Klettshellir
1 jun - 31 agust 2017 everyday
15-331 may og 1-15 sept 2017 annar hver dagur
Departure at 07:30 (pick-up at 07:00)
Daily in June, July and August.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 15 May until 31 May and from 1 September until 15 September.